Famous Recipes – Orange Batons
Nonstick cooking spray
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter or butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon orange flavoring
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons shortening
2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a
large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg yolk, and orange flavoring
with electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Add flour mixture
and orange peel; beat on low speed just until combined.
3. Using a cookie press fitted with a star disk or ribbon disk, force
unchilled dough into 2-1/2-inch sticks or ribbons 1/2 inch apart on
prepared cookie sheet. (Or use pastry bag fitted with a star tip.)
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are
firm, but not brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
5. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening together. Place
nuts in a small, shallow bowl. Dip about 1 inch of the end of each
cookie into chocolate; dip coated tip into the nuts. Place dipped
cookies on waxed paper to set. Store in a covered container in your
refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 60 cookies.
No comments yet.