4th of July Roasted Rosemary Potato Salad
Roasted Rosemary Potato Salad
* 2 1/2 pounds tiny new red potatoes, halved or quartered
* 1 medium red onion, cut in wedges
* 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
* 2 tablespoons snipped fresh rosemary
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
* 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F oven. In a large mixing bowl combine potatoes, onion wedges, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Toss potato mixture to coat well; arrange in a single layer in a greased shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, stirring mixture twice. Transfer roasted potato mixture to a large bowl; set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pour mixture over roasted potato mixture. Add red pepper pieces; toss gently to coat.
3. Turn potato salad into serving bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 servings.
No comments yet.