4th of July Macaroni Salad
* 8 oz. dried elbow macaroni (2 cups)
* 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
* 1 tsp. kosher salt
* 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 1/3 cup plain yogurt or dairy sour cream
* 5 oz. cubed cheddar cheese (1-1/4 cups)
* 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
* 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crumbled
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Add green beans during last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
2. For dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk in olive oil until thickened. Whisk in yogurt.
3. Add cheese, spinach, tomato, onions, and tarragon to macaroni. Add dressing; toss. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Makes 20 (1/2-cup) servings.
No comments yet.