4th of July Sun Deviled Eggs
Sun Deviled Eggs
* 7 hard-cooked eggs*
* 3 Tbsp. salad dressing or mayonnaise
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill weed
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 5 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* 6 cups torn Boston or Bibb lettuce
* 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
* 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
* 3 green onions, sliced
* 1 recipe Dill Vinaigrette
1. Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and place yolks in a small bowl. Set whites aside. Mash yolks with fork and stir in salad dressing, dill weed, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and salt. Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture. Set aside.
2. On a platter arrange lettuce, tomatoes, sweet pepper, bacon, and green onions. Arrange eggs on greens. Drizzle with Dill Vinaigrette. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
3. Dill Vinaigrette In a screw-top jar combine 1/3 cup olive oil or salad oil; 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar; 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed; 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce. Cover and shake well.
4. *To hard-cook eggs: In a large saucepan place eggs in a single layer. Add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to rapid boiling over high heat. Remove from heat, cover. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Cool. Peel.
No comments yet.