4th of July Potato Salad with Country Ranch Dressing
Potato Salad with Country Ranch Dressing
* 3 lbs. round red potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
* 1 small red onion, cut in wedges (1/2 cup)
* 6 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
* 1 1-oz. envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
* 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
* 1 stalk celery, bias-sliced
* 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
* 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped (optional)
* Salt and ground black pepper
* Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, coarsely snipped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place potatoes, onion, and garlic in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle olive oil; toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, 20 minutes. Stir vegetables; add corn. Roast 15 to 20 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and browned.
2. For dressing, in large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, salad dressing mix, and cayenne pepper. Add roasted vegetables; toss to coat. Stir in celery, eggs, and avocado. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm or chilled. Makes 12 serving.
Make Ahead:Combine all ingredients except the avocado. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Just before serving, stir in avocado. Thin dressing with a little milk if needed.
No comments yet.